收起左侧

[英文] 《Niss Long Remembered Thunder 》作者: - Keith Laumer【EPUB】

[复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-8-13 13:18 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
The Long Remembered Thunder 1 In his room at the Elsby Commercial Hotel Tremaine opened his luggage and took out a smalltool kit used a screwdriver to remove the bottom cover plate from the telephone. He inserted atiny aluminum cylinder crimped wires and replaced the cover. Then he dialed a long-distanceWashington number and waited half a minute for the connection. quotFred Tremaine here. Put the buzzer on.quot A thin hum sounded on the wire as the scrambler wentinto operation. quotOkay can you read me all right Im set up in Elsby. Grammonds boys are supposed to keep meinformed. Meanwhile Im not sitting in this damned room crouched over a dial. Ill be out andaround for the rest of the afternoon.quot quotI want to see resultsquot the thin voice came back over the filtered hum of the jamming device.quotYou spent a week with Grammond—I cant wait another. I dont mind telling you certainquarters are pressing me.quot quotFred when will you learn to sit on your news breaks until youve got some answers to go withthe questionsquot quotIm an appointive officialquot Fred said sharply. quotBut never mind that. This fellowMargrave—General Margrave Project Officer for the hyperwave program—hes been on my neck dayand night. I cant say I blame him. An unauthorized transmitter interfering with a Top Secretproject progress slowing to a halt and this Bureau—quot quotLook Fred. I was happy in the lab. Headaches nightmares and all. Hyperwave is my babyremember You elected me to be a leg-man now let me do it my way.quot quotI felt a technical man might succeed where a trained investigator could be misled. And sinceit seems to be pinpointed in your
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-12 07:20 , Processed in 1.237372 second(s), 49 queries .