标题: 《Outpost Catastrophe Baker and the Aliens 》作者:- Mike Resnick【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-8-15 20:27
标题: 《Outpost Catastrophe Baker and the Aliens 》作者:- Mike Resnick【EPUB】
*Catastrophe Baker and the Aliens* * * * * Catastrophe Baker, all six feet nine inches of him, walked boldly into the middle of the alien encampment on Henry III. "My name's Baker!" he bellowed. "Catastrophe Baker! And I'm here to settle the war by fighting your champion --winner take all!" He was instantly surrounded by armed aliens. A hundred weapons were aimed at him. Finally one alien, wearing more medals and brighter insignia than any of the others, stepped forward. "Your reputation precedes you," he said. "But how do we know you are that hero?" "If I ain't, your champion will beat me without working up a sweat," answered Baker. "True enough," said the alien. "But we have already won the war, so your offer is meaningless." "You ain't won nothing if I'm still standing," said Baker. "Blow his legs away," said a feminine voice. Baker turned and found himself facing a beautiful young woman. "Now that's a hell of a thing for a prisoner to suggest, ma'am," he said. "Meaning no offense." "I'm not a prisoner."

欢迎光临 (http://ftp.zasq.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2