收起左侧

[英文] 《Intolerance  》作者:- Robert Reed【EPUB】

[复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-5-11 21:55 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Intolerance by Robert Reed Sometimes well assemble an issue of FampSF with a particular theme in mind and sometimes atheme will find us. This month it seems like most of the stories have some consideration ofparent-child relationships to them--perhaps none more so than Robert Reeds closer for theissue. quotHey Im speaking to you. Yes you my friend. Are those mammoth ears attached to some kind ofneural network Can you comprehend simple slow diction I wish to be released on thisapproaching corner. Pull over yes thank you. And will you help me with these damned strapsMechanical strength is not my strength as you can plainly see.quot The cab driver is a stocky fellow sweating rivers despite the chill of the vehicles airconditioning. He turns to stare at his only passenger jaw locked and his fleshy cheekscoloring. But he says nothing. He forces himself to remain silent one broad hand reachingwarily for the straps latch. quotYouve grown weary of my companyquot the passenger observes. quotYou want me gone. You want me outof your life. Well I will abide in your heartfelt wishes. Never again will our paths cross myfriend. Until I rule the world of course and then I will personally crush the likes of you.quotThe hand jumps back. quotThe likes of mequot the driver whispers. Then louder he asks quotWhat the hell do you know aboutmequot quotYou judgequot says the shrill little voice. quotDespite a lifetime of red meat and cheap beer youhave survived into your early fifties. The gold band on your finger promises a wife but theabsence of prominent digitals implies that she isnt cherished. Nor are there any bright-facedchildren worthy of a fathers pride. Judging by the name filling up your license you areSerbian. A genuine doormat race. The trace of an accent tells me you came to this country as
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-12 11:15 , Processed in 1.614586 second(s), 49 queries .