收起左侧

[英文] 《Kingdom Come Inc 》作者:- Robert F. Young 【EPUB】

[复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-6-29 09:08 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Tis the season once again and if SF magazines dont quite lend themselves to gala Christmasissues it doesnt mean were not having a spirited time here in the office. Meanwhile heresa story about the ultimate Christmas sell-out—Christmas Eve in the Green Pastures Room of anorbiting nightclub complete with baromat buxom angels and a new singing group called theCelestial Seven. Awful. Now youll have to pardon us that red package the boy just placed onour desk turned out to be Chivas 12-years-old. Cheers KINGDOM COME INC. by Robert F. Young FOR SOME REASON I FAIL TO notice this guy until he comes into the Seventh Heaven baromat whichis strange because during the early part of the evening I always station myself at the PearlyGates whenever a shuttleship comes up from Earth and greet the customers. Thats why everybodycalls me Pete when my real name is Charley. Its strange also because he isnt the sort of guyanybody would be likely to overlook. Not only because hes tall and thin and distinguishedlooking and has real class but because his face is so sad. You never saw a man with such a sadface. Its as though he is convinced that the world is coming to an end and feels sorry foreverybody in it including himself. He walks across the room and sits down on a stool not farfrom where I am leaning on the counter talking to Henry the Hustler and after a quick lookover his shoulder orders a glass of sarsaparilla. Its the first time the baromat has ever hada call for such a concoction its banks of lights go on and off like crazy and it appears fora moment that it is going to throw an electronic fit but finally it calms down and the littlewindow in front of the stranger opens up and the drink comes out. He is wearing a quiet graybusiness suit which is a little the worse for wear a black string tie and plain blackoxfords. There is nothing fancy about him at all but thats part of what I mean by real class.Its something you cant put your finger on but you can see it when its there. Im what youcall a dresser myself and I wouldnt dream of wearing a tie that didnt match my socks. But Inever fool anybody least of all myself. I have a full-length mirror in my suite and everytime I get dressed for my tour of duty which starts at eight at night and ends at five in themorning I take a good long look at myself
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-12 07:21 , Processed in 2.135830 second(s), 49 queries .