收起左侧

[英文] 《John Justin Mallory Chinese Sandman 》作者:- Mike Resnick【EPUB】

[复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-6-23 14:58 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
The Chinese Sandman [A John Justin Mallory Story] by Mike Resnick Mallory put the final thumbtack into his Playmate centerspread, then stood back to admire it as it hung above his desk in all its pneumatic glory. "Just what the Mallory and Carruthers Detective Agency needed to make me feel at home," he said at last. "I wish you wouldn't do that, John Justin," said his partner, turning her head away in distaste. "And I wish you wouldn't keep drawing underwear on them with your magic marker every month," replied Mallory. "We each have to learn to live with disappointment." "It's indecent," snorted Winnifred Carruthers. Mallory stared at the centerspread. "You know," he remarked, "I don't think it's silicon at all." "Certainly it is," said Winnifred. He shook his head. "Nope. I think it's helium." He waited for her to smile at his joke. When no smile was forthcoming, he sat down at the desk and picked up a _Racing Form_. "I see Flyaway is running again today," he noted. "How many has he lost now?" asked Winnifred. "Something like 40 in a row?" "42," said Mallory. "43," purred a feminine voice. "You're forgetting the one at Saratoga where he refused to leave the gate." "That doesn't count," said Mallory. "They refunded the all the bets." "43," persisted the voice. "Why don't you go kill a fish or something?" muttered Mallory. A feminine figure jumped down from her perch atop a magic mirror that continually played the fourth inning of a 1932 American Association game between the Stranger City Mauve Devils and the Raddish
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-12 08:20 , Processed in 0.933124 second(s), 49 queries .