收起左侧

[英文] 《Home Is the Hunter 》作者:- Henry Kuttner & C. L. Moore【EPUB】

[复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-5-2 20:44 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Home is the Hunter Incentives change constantly but one thing never does—the idea that they are permanent By C. L. MOORE and HENRY KUTTNER Illustrated by ASHMAN THERES nobody I can talk to except myself. I stand here at the head of the great waterfall ofmarble steps dropping into the reception hall below and all my wives in all their jewels arewaiting for this is a Hunters Triumph—my Triumph Honest Roger Bellamy Hunter. The lightglitters on the glass cases down there with the hundreds of dried heads that I have taken infair combat and Im one of the most powerful men in New York. The heads make me powerful. Buttheres nobody I can talk to. Except myself Inside me listening is there another HonestRoger Bellamy I dont know. Maybe hes the only real part of me. I go along the best I canand it doesnt do any good. Maybe the Bellamy inside of me doesnt like what I do. But I haveto do it. I cant stop for I was born a Hunter. Its a great heritage to be born to. Whodoesnt envy me Who wouldnt change with me if they could But knowing that doesnt help at all. Im no good. Listen to me Bellamy listen to me if youre there at all deep inside my head. Youve got tolisten—youve got to understand. You there inside the skull. You can turn up in a glass casein some other Hunters reception hall any day now any day with the crowds of Populi outsidepressing against the view-windows and the guests coming in to see and envy and all the wivesstanding by in satin and jewels. Maybe you dont understand Bellamy. You should feel fine now. It must be that you dont knowthis real world I have to go on living in. A hundred years ago or a thousand it might havebeen different. But this is the Twenty-first Century. Its today its now and theres noturning back. I dont think you understand. YOU see there isnt any choice. Either you end up in another Hunters glass case along withyour whole collection of heads while your wives and children are turned out to be Populi orelse you die naturally suicide is one way and your eldest son inherits your collection andyou become immortal in a plastic monument. You stand forever in transparent plastic on apedestal along the edge of Central Park like Renway and old Falconer and Brennan and all theothers. Everyone remembers and admires and envies you. Will
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-12 21:17 , Processed in 1.529461 second(s), 49 queries .